CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday 1 May 2008

THE BATTLE IS THE LORDS!

1 Samuel 17:47 “The battle is the Lord’s.”
The instant he went out to fight Goliath, David began to declare victory saying, “You come against me with sword and spear…but I come against you in the name of the Lord…[He] will hand you over to me…and the whole world will know…there is a God in Israel…for the battle is the Lord’s, and he will give all of you into our hands” (I Sa 17:45-47).
Nobody around him seemed to have figured God into the equation, butDavid talked about nothing else. He saw what they didn’t and refused to acknowledge what they did. Why?
Because he knew that the God he served was bigger than the giant he faced. If you’re in a seemingly hopeless situation where there appears to be no way out, begin to focus on God’s power. When you focus on the enemy you stumble, but when you focus on God the enemy stumbles.

You’ll never win if you fight in your own strength; God’s already “given you authority…over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall…harm you” (Lk 10:19). Paul writes, “Put on God’s [coat ofArmour]…that you may be able successfully to stand against [all] the strategies…of the devil” (Eph 6:11). But your coat of armor won’t protect you if you leave it hanging in the closet. You’ve got to put it on! Three things Satan can’t withstand are: God'sWord, Christ’s Blood, and the Name of Jesus. When you use them you’ll bring him down every time – just likeDavid toppled Goliath!



QUOTES
The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence. -John F. Kennedy

The secret of joy in work is contained in one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it. -Pearl Buck

Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were. -Cherie Carter-Scott

A mind troubled by doubt cannot focus on the course to victory. -Arthur Golden

God, I don’t have great faith, but I can be faithful. My belief in you may be seasonal, but my faithfulness will not. I will follow in the way of Christ. I will act as though my life and the lives of others matter. I will love. I have no greater gift to offer than my life. Take it.- Anonymous




The Lord is good all the time!

0 heavenly notifications: