CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday 17 October 2008

Speak Life and Praise God

Elisse sat there is the dark corner of her room, hands folded and head buried in her lap.

Hot tears rolled down her cheeks and hit her grey trousers like bullets.her eyes were blood-shot red. Her final exams were coming up soon and she was buried up to her neck in piles of work.

Recently she'd been working in vain.She had been so busy that she hardly had time for herself or for her God. The day would begin with a "thank you lord for waking up this morning, please give me favour as I go out" and would end with a snore rather than a prayer.

And it began to seem like all her opened doors were gradually closing.
She was losing strength and there just wasn't enough hours in the day to accomplish all she would have wanted to.

3 months ago, she was knocked down by her results and that's when this 'workaholic spiral' started.She'd worked hard for months just trying to make sure that history does not repeat itself during her final exams.What will happen if the world collapsed on her again?
through her sadness, she heard a voice. "Praise me Elisse, speak life to your situation so I can act on it". in the midst of her tears, she saw hope!

why Have you left me till now?" she asked God



"My child, i have never left you nor forsaken you....let my name be praised.Remember it's not by your strength"

I hope my words and thoughts please you.Lord you are my rock, The one who saves me- Psalm 19:14

..................................................................................................

I don't know if there's someone out there who just feels like life is a burden right now. You feel as though the moment you solve on problem another one is next in line waiting to blow up at you doorstep. but there's hope!

you might feel too depressed to Praise God but actually that's the only way you get out of that depression. Speak life to your circumstances.
you might have been applying for a job for the past 6months and still there's no vacancy..continue to Praise God and thank him for already giving you that job (and continue applying of course).
you might be buried in school work like Elisse but make that time to Pray and seek God for his guidance. You'd be surprised how you'd suddenly discover you have reservoirs of strength and your time management is just too 'hot'!

wipe those tears from your eyes, speak life and Praise God!



The Lord is good all the time!

2 heavenly notifications:

~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

I identify with this post in more ways than one. Thank you for these insights, sometimes it's not so much that we don't know what to do, life just gets so blinding, we fail to see where exactly we are going.
Until, someone spells it out, like you have for me:)
thank you.

The poets voice ~~~ said...

@ scotchbiscuits- you are very welcome! sometimes i have to spelt it out for myself too.thaxn for stopping by, God bless u.