CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday 20 November 2008

My testimony

As a little girl, i had many dreams. Every time I dreamt, alongside I saw how far i was from achieving that dream.the thing is I was never afraid to dream.I had no idea how i was going to achieve it but I knew with God all things are possible!

I always wanted to be a doctor and I wanted the get the best medical training possible.
2005 found me making the journey from Nigeria to the UK. New country, new lifestyle...I was thrown into the confusion while in the middle of high school.
I gradually picked myself up.Thank God for friends who are secret 'helpers'.

School was my biggest problem yet.I was finding my subjects difficult and no matter the effort i put in, I wasn't getting results. Frustration crept into my life.I was hating life and hating myself.
I tried my best and I prayed. Exams came and went and I forgot all about it 'till the 14th of August when i called my school for results.


I don't remember anything worse than these words: 'you got a C in Chemistry'. At that moment, it was like an arrow pierced my heart.
I'm sure you're wondering what on earth I'm talking about but I'll explain. Ever since I could comprehend words, i wanted to be a doctor. Moving to the UK didn't change that dream. The passion moved with me!


To get into medical school, you must have at least grades AAB or AAA in 3 sciences. One of those A grades must be in chemistry( this is what most medical schools say). All the places I applied to required an A grade in chemistry and i was 2 grades below!!!
So basically I was the kind of candidate that the university would have immediately thrown away my application form once they saw the results.
I felt like the road had ended for me.I thought all doors would have closed by now.
My daily routine became: cry for breakfast, worry for lunch and cry for dinner.

My teacher was disappointed and i realised that he had lost all hope in me( like its my fault that he cannot teach properly..LOL).Only bad news came my way.
I didn't really know how to fix the situation because i was kinda confident for that exam and i couldn't picture where i had gone wrong (but obviously i went wrong somewhere if i 'failed' rite?)

I was angry and bitter but nevertheless I dived into my books once more.That helped a bit but made me more stressed and exhausted each day.One day my Mum said to me "you can read all you like but without God, it could end up in vain".
I then realised that all along, I'd been trying to do it my way and wanting God to take sides with me when He should have been in control.


I don't remember how many times how i came to God crying m eyes out.No one really understood how i felt but God did. My pastor told me once that my tears would only show the devil that he's won.
I went from PRAYER to PRAISE.things got tougher but i chose to believe the report of the Lord.
The month of November was declared a month of changing levels and with that prophetic declaration came the answers to my prayers.
I have letters inviting me to the interviews of a couple of universities which i am looking forward to.

.................................................................................................

We all have different experiences, our miracles and our testimony's. This is mine.

The top ten things that i can tell you are that:

~Miracles are real

~You will have your testimony

~God is not asleep

~Believe the report of the Lord

~Let God take full control

~The voices of evil will rise up when you are destined for greatness

~Without faith it is impossible to please God

~ Nothing is too great for God to handle

~ Prayer is the master key

~Praise is a prayer that will always work



"With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God-Mark 10:26-28"



The Lord is good all the time!

2 heavenly notifications:

Kafo said...

hmmmm
Amen and amen
turning your prayer into praise

how true
i am in a similiar situation and i must admit that i constantly oscillating between crying and praying

thanks for this
remember that what God has for you is for you
some days i don't even get out of bed until i have played that song by Miami mass choir at least 3 times

The poets voice ~~~ said...

@ kafo- i understand. like you said what God has done for you is for you! you may not be seeing it now but he HAS DONE IT!
keep praying. God bless.xxx